June 3, 2013

Do you have a big BUT?

"I like big butts, and I cannot lie; 
other brothers can't deny..."  

If you're a child of the 80's you now hate me!  Good luck trying to get that out of your head.

However, the Lord does not like big "but"s.  When He tells us to do something he expects us to do it....without question or delay.
Even Moses had a big but.  The Lord told him to lead the people out of slavery and Moses reply was "but, who am I?", "but, who shall I tell them You are?", "but what if they don't believe me?", "but, I don't speak well!"  He had a LOT of buts.  :)  The Lord had an answer for all those buts.

When the Lord calls do you practice Prompt Exact Obedience or do you have a big BUT?

Lord,
Help us to react when you call.  Help us to always be listening for your soft, small, commanding voice.  Help us to obey without question or delay.  Give us small "buts" and big yeses!!

Amen 


No comments: